AMERICAN’s Series 2500- C515 ductile iron resilient wedge gate valves are suitable for use in potable water, sewage and fire protection systems. These valves have a rated working pressure of 250 psig with zero leakage.
Advantages Over Butterfly Valves:
- No disc in waterway to restrict flow or to increase pumping costs
- Allows passage of pigging devices
- Internal parts can be serviced without cutting valve out of pipeline
- 250 psig rating provides for future pressure increases over the 150 psig pressure rating typically found on most butterfly valves.
Advantages Over Double-Disc Gate Valves:
- Zero allowable leakage
- Lower torque requirements to operate valve
- 250 psig pressure rating compared to the 150 psig rating typically found on double-disc gate valves
- Epoxy-coated inside and out
- Lighter total valve weight
- Single-gate construction. Double-disc gate valves have multiple parts that can seize together.
- Bypasses, rollers, tracks and scrapers are not needed.
- Ductile Iron Construction250 psig rating
- UL Listed and FM Approved in Applicable Configurations
- Certified to NSF 61-G
- Triple O-Ring stem seals
- Epoxy coating inside and out
- Thrust washers
- Lifting Devices
- Zero leakage
- Dual sealing body to bonnet gaskets
- EPDM Encapsulated Ductile Iron Wedge With Polymer Guide Covers
- Optional gearing (Standard on 30" and larger)
- Bypass available at additional cost